How to study C language programming
- C is a structured programming language developed by Dennis Ritchie in 1973 at Bell Laboratories.
- It is one of the most popular computer languages today because of its structure, high-level abstraction, machine independent feature etc..
- C language has evolved from three different structured language ALGOL, BCPL and B Language.
- It uses many concepts from these languages while introduced many new concepts such as datatypes, struct, pointer etc.
- In 1988, the language was formalised by American National Standard Institute(ANSI).
- In 1990, a version of C language was approved by the International Standard Organisation(ISO) and that version of C is also referred to as C89.
- The idea behind creating C language was to create an easy language which requires a simple compiler and enables programmers to efficiently interact with the machine/system, just like machine instructions.
Applications of C language
Mainly C Language is used for Develop Desktop application and system software. Some application of C language are given below.
- Used to develop softwares that control embedded systems. Examples of some embedded systems are washing machine, microwave oven, etc.
- For creating computer applications.
- UNIX operating system is developed in C language.
- C programming language can be used to design the system software like operating system and Compiler.
- For Creating Compilers of different Languages which can take input from other language and convert it into lower level machine dependent language.
- C programming language can be used to design Network Devices.
- To evaluate any kind of mathematical equation use c language.